Time: Oct 16, 14:00-17:40
Venue: Conference Hall, Building 8,Beijing Conference Center
Topic: Openness, Inclusion andInnovation -- Fostering of Young Scientists and the Future of the World
Nearly 20 esteemed universitypresidents, fellows and professors from the United States, Germany, Canada,Finland, Belgium, Japan, and China, as well as the heads of internationalscience organizations, editors of internationally renowned science journals andother experts/scholars will be gathered together to discuss the followingtopics:
1. How do we perceive the cultivationand formation of scientific spirit in different cultural backgrounds?
2. What are the challenges and newpossibilities brought about by the collision and integration of differentcultures for science education (STEM)?
3. How can education respond to the newchallenges brought about by the rapid development of science and technology?How can we ensure the healthy development of science?
Size: 30-40 participants
Moderator for the Opening Ceremony: RenFujun, President and Vice Secretary of the Party Committee of the NationalAcademy of Innovation Strategy (NAIS)
Moderator for Roundtable Discussion:Guo Dongming, President of Dalian University of Technology, Member of ChineseAcademy of Engineering (CAE)
Agenda of the Parallel Session onScience & Technology and Education & Culture：
1. Moderator giving an opening speechto introduce the keynote speakers and the basic information about the parallelsession
2. Two domestic and foreign keynote speakers giving keynote speeches
1. Moderator giving a guiding speech tointroduce the speakers at the roundtable meeting and the main topics and issuesto be discussed.
2. Roundtable participants exchanging views on the main topics of theForum.
WORLD SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY DEVELOPMENT FORUM